DIY: Essential Totes for Cancer Patients/Gift Giving

3:36 PM

As the holidays are approaching the church I belong to offers so many incredible service projects, and gift giving opportunities for those in need. The organization in my church that creates these opportunities is called the Relief Society.

I love that I can put my sewing machine to good use and help others.  I just wanted to share this little gift that I helped put together for a local cancer patient in hopes that it can brighten someone else's holiday at this merriest time of year.  (This is not my original idea, but I just couldn't help but share it!)

Ok, so this little project is called an "Essential Tote".  These totes are given to patients on extended hospital stays.  You could see if such a tote is needed at your local hospital perchance.

HERE is the AWESOME tote tutorial that I used to make this darling and very sturdy little tote.  It literally only took about 20 minutes to make from start to finish!  AMAZING!




After I was done sewing I headed to Target.  Raise your hand if you love Target!!  I made a stop at the dollar bin at the front of the store and found some amazing little treasures PERFECT for a lovely lady who might be staying in the hospital for a bit.  I love how darling everything is a how affordable it was too.

Here are a few of the items I picked up...

Note Pads
Darling Pens


Sudoku
Crossword Puzzles


Festive Lip Gloss
Nail Polish


Adorable Christmas Socks


I love this time of year!  Gift Giving and service are the best gifts you can give yourself, in my opinion.  It just feels so good, and it truly brings the spirit Christmas into your home!

-Megan

You Might Also Like

1 comments